To be considered for the Best Undergraduate Paper competition, all entries must follow the guidelines below:
- The paper must conform to AEJ manuscript style instructions, be 10 – 20 pages in length including tables, and be submitted in MS Word format. Papers not following these guidelines will be rejected. AEJ instructions can be found at: http://www.iaes.org/aej-submission-instructions/.
- Submit the paper to firstname.lastname@example.org and send a copy to email@example.com by June 15 with the subject line: “Best Undergraduate Paper Competition – Last Name of Student”. Please send the paper in a Microsoft Word document. PDF files are NOT acceptable. Title page must include: (a) full name of student; (b) affiliation; (c) e-mail address; and (d) phone number.
- Include an e-mail from the Department Chair certifying: (a) that the paper was written while the author was an undergraduate; (b) that the department will sponsor the student’s hotel and travel if the student is selected as a finalist; and (c) that the paper has not been submitted for publication elsewhere.
- Up to four finalists will be notified of their selection by August 15. Finalists will be required to make a formal presentation at the Philadelhpia conference. Conference fees for all finalists will be waived.
- Finalists will be judged on both presentation and content. A panel of judges will announce the winning paper after the presentations.
Submissions for the 2013 BUPA will open in Spring of 2013 and close June 15, 2013. The 2013 winner will be selected at the 76th International Atlantic Economic Conference in Philadelphia, U.S. on Saturday, October 12.